Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve wine....just before midnight mass, really

So, J-Dog and Bob went out for an afternoon of bar-hopping/last minute Christmas shopping. While they were away, I decided to open the bottle of Woodbridge merlot, 2002 extra large bottle at $9.99. This is the wine we buy when J-Dog and Bob's brother, Pete are here at the same time. You can imagine why. It lacks body. It tastes...Hmm...pale, watery, bland, but, the price and effect supercede the taste. I fully expect that J-Dog, Pete and Bob will down this in less than 30 minutes after which I will then pull out the GOOD wine for myself. Midnight Mass should be rather relaxing tonight. I might nap.

Update by Kim: The Good Wine; I opened the bottle of Genesis Merlot 2002, $8.99. I thought this was appropriate since we were going to church and it would be the "beginning" of our Christmas. Rich, oaky flavor, So far I like it, however, I've been drinking...since....um...earlier. Anyway, I like it. I decided to let the boys have some too.

Bob said: "Smooth, nice taste and finish. He tasted a hint of chocolate."

Pete said: "It's much better than the last cheap-ass bottle we just finished." (told you that big bottle would go fast).

J-Dog said:" Genesis, very yummy. Used it to take asprin. Good choice for before church. Nice buttery body. So far very good!"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares