Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Friday, January 14, 2005

Mo' Cheap wine!

My brother J-Dog came over for dinner the other day and left a BIG bottle of wine. We already had an open bottle, so we saved it for tonight. I made spinach and cheese tortellini with garlic tomato sauce and BREAD! You have to have lots of bread and olive oil with Italian food. J-Dog came again. He likes to eat with us. I make excellent boxed and jarred food. According to all of my elementary school report cards, I follow directions well.
We opened the wine. It was Canyon Road Cabernet 2002 $8.99. Jeff said he bought it because it was the "BIG" bottle. You know, the double sized for the price of one. He thought it was ok, peppery, light but not nasty like other cheap cabs. I thought it burned going down. I was ready to go to the ER. It reminded me of scotch straight up except it was sour too. Bob liked it and said I have no appreciation for cabs. He's right. For once. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares