Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Barefoot!

I have to admit that most of the time I make my wine purchase because I liked the label. Or the name. In this case, I think it was both. So, Barefoot, Red Zinfindel $5.99. I couldn't find a year printed anywhere on the bottle. It's the incognito wine from California.
As I was standing in line, someone yelled, "Hey! Someone's car just rolled down the hill and crashed into another car!" The owner of the rolling car wanted to be incognito. Fortunately, it wasn't mine.
Ok, we recommend Barefoot. It is a full flavored, full bodied wine. Very smooth and tasty.

.

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, January 19, 2005 9:24:00 AM, Blogger Runner Girl said…

    Hi Kim,
    Your blog site caught my eye because I, too, am a "wino!" A few months ago, we discovered the Barefoot line of wonderful wines as well. We drink mostly the Merlots but the Chards are smooth as well. "We" in this case is my boss (a Dallas lawyer), his partner and an insurance agent that we rent part of her office building from. We have "wine Wednesdays" that we experiment with different wines after 5pm. When I brought in the Barefoot, we all fell for the little bare feet on the corks. Then we tasted it. I didn't know if it would actually be good or if just a cute label. Last week I found a Merlot called "Royal Bitch." It's from Chile but shipped into New York. If you can find this one, it is so smooth and just a touch of pepper. Really a good find as well as fun label. We also go by the labels a lot of the times.

    Anyway, just wanted to drop a note from another wine drinker.
    Have a great day.
    Gina in Texas
    www.blackcatfilms.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares