Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Friday, January 21, 2005

Smoking Loon

Had an interminably long day of studies, so stopped on the way home to buy wine. Needed a paradigm shift...Was attracted to "Smoking Loon" Merlot, 2003-6.99. What attracted me at first was the label, it has a drawing of a loon sitting in water smoking a cigar. The second thing that attracted me was the price. Sometimes I wonder why I pay 6.99 for a little bottle when the big bottles can be had for 10.99. Although, what that does is make the little bottles more luxurious. If I usually pay 10.99 for a big bottle, then paying 9.99 for a small bottle is splurging and I feel like a movie star. Follow that? Anyway, Smoking Loon is ok, kind of like Yellow Tail. It's a bit thin but that's probably due to it's youth. I will drink any wine before it's time. The flavor is pleasant and it goes down smooth. This wine will probably reward a more patient man.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares