Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Thursday, January 19, 2006

In the dog house tonight


They are "giving wine a new leash on life"!
I bought this because of the drawing on the bottle, the easy open screw cap and becuase my grandma, Elma used to have a dog named Checkers. My brother and I gave her the dog when I was about 10 or 11 years old. He was very naughty but she loved him. Since he was not nuetered, if he was feeling insecure he would mark in the house. (the dog, not my brother). Grandma used to get so mad at him. At the same time, she spoiled him rotten. He would get braunschweiger as a treat instead of dog biscuits. She would wrap a little piece in some wax paper and keep it in her pocket while she took him for a walk. When they got back in, she would sit down, take her shoes off with him sitting at her feet waiting in antcipation for his little chunk of mushy goodness. If you are not familar, its a german version of smoked liverwurst. She would give me some as a treat too. She would spread it on bread with a little mayonaise. Yum! Nobody ever told me it really had liver in it. I haven't had it since I found out.

Dog House Checkers' Cab 2002. $9.99 alcohol 13.7. I like it! It has an array of different flavors if you concentrate on it. I picked up on an olive taste. A berry taste. It is bold, tangy, and just plain drinkable. It's as good as some more expensive wines I've had. The Bob part of me is back in Montana, but I'm sure he would agree with me. Of course if he doesn't, he'll be in the Dog House...although, I'm not sure that's such a bad thing.
Here's a picture of Nikita in the dog house. She looks pretty happy!


This might just because she is a kid with zero worries or responsibilities. If I knew then what I know now, I would still be living with my parents. Ok, maybe not.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares