Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas Party 2005!


So, I went to my company Christmas party tonight. Unfortunately, the Bob part of me is still up north, in Sidney Montana, so our good friend James was my "faux date". I love my Baby more than anything and wish he were here, but this worked out ok because James really needed to see a "real' office party. His office has pot-lucks. At people's houses. Turned out, many of his friends from his office were invited to my party, so he spent most of the time at other tables. Small world. We have the best parties. Free drinks, beer and wine, dinner and a gift to boot! Well, he didn't get one, but I did. This year it was at a place called the.Fresh Fish Company
They had a great variety of foods, but I want to mention the salmon, cooked in sauerkraut...very tasty. I would never thought of that combination. Pork maybe, but not fish.
My broker was there, of course along with Shirley, the sweetest receptionist in the world, although tonight, I heard her refer to someone else in the office as a not-so-nice word beginning with a "B". I sensed a little tension in the air.

Here is Kirk with Shirley.

I took some unbelievably bad pictures of people. They just weren't ready for the snap and I caught them with very strange expressions on their faces. I will be nice, I won't post them. There was a bad one of me too, I looked really fat, even though I was wearing all black, which is supposed to be slimming.
So, the free wine.

Walnut Crest Merlot, 2003. I found on the internet for around $3.99 a bottle. Not bad really, smooth, silky, really long legs. A little on the dry side with a very nice finish. It was very dark in color too. I thought it was very drinkable. I would look for it in the stores, although, I wonder if it's only a restaurant wine. Kudos to Metro Centre and the nice get-together!




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares