Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

One Of Maddona's Favorites?


Virgin Vines 2004 Chardonnay California. $8.49. Screw cap...easy access, although you do have to take the wrapping off first so it's a little harder to open than others we've tried. It's very soft on the pallate, velvity in your mouth...yet not a very smooth finish. The flavor is delightful. It's light and fruity. The bottle is pretty. If it would go down without the bite, I would say it was very good. But since it doesn't, it's not worth buying. It's too rough. I can't drink it.
I guess the record label, airlines, everything else they do wasn't enough...they grow grapes too. Their slogan for this brand is "un-screw it, let's do it" meaning, hurry up and open this so we can drink it. It seems they are aiming for the younger age groups. Doesn't suprise me, someone with no wine experience would have no problem gulping this down. But for the rest of us, we can find better.
This should explain everything. Now I know why I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. I'm just too old.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares