Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Angry Pooches With Men Who Speak English

The Bob part of me came home...for 39 hours. He's gone again. He just called me from the road and told me he picked up a hitchhiker. I guess he missed the movie.You know, then one where some guy hitchhikes and kills EVERY ONE WHO PICKS HIM UP. I am very understandably upset about this. Shortly after dropping off the hitchhiker who didn't butcher him, thank goodness, and leave him on the side of the road, in pieces, the Bob part of me got pulled over for speeding. That's right, not only does he pick up riders, he breaks the law. To top this off, he blows me off as if my concerns of possible death or bodily harm were completely unwarranted. (We came very close to being in a fight over this flippant attitude he displayed over my concern) The Bob part of me was talking to me on the phone during this time so I heard the officer negotiate his ticket with him. The officer said he was doing 76MPH in a 65MPH zone, there was no argument from Bob. The officer was nice enough to drop it to a mere 75 in a 65 and save the Bob part of me $20.00. Of course, he has to pay cash, right now, no checks. Now the Bob part of me is broke since he only keeps $20.00 in his pocket. He thanked the officer for taking his money. Sigh. The Kim part of Bob would have put up a little fight, even if she was wrong. In addition, she would never pick up a hitchhiker.
On a lighter note, we drank a great bottle of wine the other night.
Mad Dogs & Englishmen. Shiraz Cabernet Monastrell. 2003. Alcohol 13.5%. $9.99. It was absolutely delicious. Smooth, velvety, dry, not sweet, but not tart either, full bodied, pleasant on the palate. Completely worth the 10 bucks. In fact, I'm going to go buy some more. If you don't buy any other wine this entire year, at least get this one. It will make your mouth happy. The dog to the left is mad because he didn't get any. The dog below is mad ..well, just because she can be.



9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares