Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Monday, January 23, 2006

World Wide Wrestling

I usually don't post on a Tuesday. But, the kids are finished with their homework and in the living room watching WWE wrestling. No, no, before you say it, I had nothing to do with the WWE addiction. I won't watch it, well, except the episode they shot in Afghanistan to help entertain the troops. Their father started it. Now they are hooked. My son is the worst. He even dressed up as Batista once. Complete, with fake muscles and everything. (that's Batista pictured to the left).
He asked to start his homework early tonight so he'd be done when it came on. He even yelled at me. Not in a bad way, just to get my attention. "MOMMMMM! I REALLY NEED TO DO MY HOMEWORK! NOW! PLEASE!" Recently we subscribed to satellite. Prior, we didn't have the channel that showed this absurd show. Lucky me, now we do. I draw the line at the female wrestlers. It's just obscene. They have to turn the channel until the chicks are done beating each other up, wearing next to nothing. No self respect. I try and teach my daughter that you don't have to be half naked with fake boobs to succeed. I'd bet that if they put clothes on they would be just as popular...ok, almost. I can understand the bare midriffs, they have six packs, they should be proud, they worked hard to have stomachs like men, but the G-strings need to go. Along with the camera angles.
Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon, vintage 2003. Alcohol 13.5% Free! Thats right...J-Dog bought it for me. That makes it good no matter what anyone thinks. No really, it's not bad. Very distinct cherry flavor. No, not just very, extremely. It's dry and smooth with long legs and a long finish too. As you can see it is aged in oak barrels. Of course this only makes it better. It also helps drown out the screaming wrestlers in the background. Couldn't ask for anything nicer than that. Thanks J-Dog! I owe you one!

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:13:00 PM, Blogger J-Dingo said…

    See, J-Dog is nice sometimes. He's not understanding the problem with g-string wrestle chicks. J-Dog prefers roller derby. http://www.brewcitybruisers.com/

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you serious??! That "sport" is out right degrading to women. Women's liberation did not mean that they should run out and act like tramps and be proud of it. Even male basketball players wear long shorts now.
    J-dog, i think you are a chauvanist!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares