Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ever Feel SCREWED?

Yeah. Me too.
If you know anything about the Saab, you would know that it has a metal, motor driven power antenna that goes up and down when the radio or CD player is turned on. There is no "play" in the antenna, it's rigid. It's tall. A few years ago I forgot to lower the antenna when I was going through a carwash. It broke. $140.00 to replace. It took me forever to talk Bob into letting me blow money on an antenna. Not one month later, Bob and I were going out for the evening. The Bob part of me didn't want to drive, or I was in "Control Freak Driving Mood," so I was driving or else. We got into the "Saab Story", which was parked in the garage. I was in the car waiting. Bob came out a minute later and hit the garage door opener on the wall from inside the garage. The door was opening. Out of habit and maybe dulled senses from the pre-going out vino, I hit the garage door opener from inside the car. The garage door was now closing, much to my dismay, as I was backing out. The first sign of disaster was the snapping sound of the newly replaced antenna. I stopped, hit the button to open the garage, but it was too late, the damage was done. Of course it was his fault. We don't fight much, but we fought about that. If only he would have left the door alone...blah, blah, blah. I drove it as it was and after a while the real antenna finally snapped all the way off so I gerry-rigged a coat hanger in it's place that way I could hear my AM talk show favorites like Laura Ingraham. It was "Ghetto" for lack of a better description. After a full year the coat hanger was starting to rust, so I finally convinced the Bob part of me to let me spend the $160 (the price went up again) needed to get it fixed. I promised I would be careful. I promised I would be responsible. I promised I would never break another Saab antenna again. Well, you probably know where this is going. Yep. I broke it. Again. Tonight. A few minutes ago. I'm sorry, I really am. I guess you might say I'm SCREWED. I promised and swore on my uncle's father's little brother's pet rabbit's grave that I would not lose another antenna unless it was a freak of nature or God Himself. The Bob part of me does not know. Yet. He is up in North Dakota, working his A** off for the betterment of our family and I have ruined EVERYTHING! I'm sure the new replacement cost is $175. Perhaps I should just get a car with a more stable antenna? I could run out while he is away and buy a new car. I could tell him I won it. Yeah, that's it. There was a drawing and I won a brand spanking new Mercedes. He might buy it. For about a half a second. MAybe I should just admit...
Screwed. 2004 McClaren Vale. Red Wine. Australia.$8.99 alchohol 14%. Mmm. Good. A little sweeter with big, crisp, fruity flavors. In this case, un-screwed. No cork screw needed. Just twist open for a little relaxation. Hints of Vanilla. Smooth finish. Great bottle.AAARGH! No picture. I was trying to find a pic of the lable. It's pretty cool. It's has all these sayings on it..like the one I'm going to use when the Bob part of me comes home, "It wasn't my fault". I found one! Now I can go to bed. Buy this one, don't screw up!

7 Comments:

  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice pic! Who took it? Great photographer!

     
  • At Friday, September 08, 2006 6:55:00 AM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    which picture? The wine?

     
  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 7:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your blog is fun. I'm on my third Saab-antenna - they are unforgiving, if that's any consolation. This time it's only bent and partially extends/retracts, so I asked my mechanic last week if they could simply straighten it. No, it must be replaced. Mine is another dog-related incident. I was backing out of the garage and hurried the opener button ina futile attempt to get out before the olden-retriever escaped. Missed a clean escape by about two inches. Life is a game of inches. Or is that foootball? I can't remember........

     
  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:24:00 AM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    Do I know you Mark S.?? Hmm. I have a friend with the same first name/last initial who bought a Saab years after I did. If this is the same you, then I do feel better, and I thank very much, since you haven't even had your Saab as long as me and not only that you are a MAN!!!!! OOOOh, the ladies are going to LOVE this. ;o)

     
  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:27:00 AM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    Oh yeah Mark, now that a beat you up a little, thanks for saying my blog is fun. And I hope your feelings weren't hurt and you wil come back and visit.
    Was that "olden" retriever intentional?

     
  • At Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for your deep concern about my feelings, but I regularly engage in self-deprecating humor, meaning I'm immune to poking fun. If the ladies derive some benefit from my escapades, then I am only too happy to contribute as a form of therapy. Not that they need therapy, of course.
    My reference to the "olden" was intentional - she's 14 1/2 and still wreaking havoc with my antennae.
    You put a lot of effort into your blog AND it's funny!
    My DU alum mag has a list of wines under $10, so I'll have to send that to you for your consideration. :-)

     
  • At Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:35:00 PM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    Do send them and I'll do a DU day for wine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares