Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Turning a page in my life



Rancho Zabaco Sanoma Heritage vines, red zin 2006. About $12.00 Doesn't really matter how it tastes. I have a 17 year old daughter and one turning 3 in a month. My beautiful 17 year old obsessed with clothes, friends, gauging her ears, getting piercings behind my back and starting 12th grade. Her last year of high school. A senior.

My almost 3 year old obsessed with pre-school. Her first year. It starts next week. She will go twice a week. She has been talking about it all day everyday for over a month. I thought it would wear off, the excitement. It hasn't. "Oh, my friends, mommy? I'm going to meet them? when I go to schoul?" (she says school in the cutest way ever, like ghoul except with sc, and I have to giggle every time she says it). "in 2 minutes, mommy? Is that when I am going? And my teacher? Will I meet my new teacher?" This is over and over again, every hour or two. And I helped fuel it. I told her that I will drop her off in the morning and leave her there while I go home and clean the house, then I will come back and pick her up. So she recites that over and over again. It is adorable, yet annoying at the same time. So I pour another glass of zin. Ah, calming.
Then I gave her more fuel. I told her that Sunday we will go to the schoul and have a picnic. We will all go, me, her big brother, her daddy and her of course where we will meet some of her new friends and her new teacher. She can't get over what a wonderful idea that is. "all of us? Nolie too? and Kita?" No, not Nikita, she has work and her own friends. She is a senior now. But the rest of us will be there and it will be fun.
As my oldest moves on and my youngest gets started, I just can't help wonder if they will find it as wonderful as they have been anticipating. As much as the 3 year old is awaiting her first day meeting new friends and my 17 year old has been awaiting her senior year for well, 12 years now. I hope they are not let down and they both make the best of it. While they move on to a new chapter, so do I...again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares