Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Somebody Translate!

It's a white one. Our friends, Rich and Daisy gave us some wines for Christmas. One was from Chile, a red, it was very good, although I haven't blogged it yet. Bob is cooking Wild Alaskan Salmon for dinner tonight. Why? Because why have Halibut when you can have SALMON! So anyway, I decided to pull the white wine from the fridge. It is a German wine, so I really have no clue as to what it is. The bottle has a sun logo on it that says, "from the sunny side of the vineyards for the sunny side of life". It is called Piesporter Michelsberg Spatlese 2001 by Schmitt Sohne. There are those funny little dots above the "A" in spatlese and the "O" in Sohne. The alcohol content is only 8.5. It's pretty good. Bob thought it tasted sweet at first, but I think it's because he is not used to fruity wines. It is light and crisp, definitely on the drier side and fruity. The back of the bottle says apricot and peach flavors, but quite honestly, for someone who really knows nothing about white wines, it tasted more like Granny Smith apples to me. It reminds me of a Reisling. The first time I had a Reisling was at my Dad's new years eve party to bring in 2002. Bob and I raided his stash in the basement. I think he is still mad at us over that. I felt a little bad, but it was really good stuff. Sorry Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares