Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Monday, February 07, 2005

Speaking of Hogs...

Kimmy has been hogging all the wine! Since I haven't had the chance to try any of her recent picks (well, just a little of the Peachy, 'til she yelled at me. Apparently, she's unable to review wines she hasn't drunk), I'll just have to report on one that I hogged all to myself. That would be Protocolo, 2002 Spanish Red. The sign at the store said it was "yummy", and it was only $6.99, which is very reasonable, esp. here in snooty-ville. It was truly yummy, good flavor and nice body. I had it with chicken, very tasty, which proves the "white meat/white wine" rule wrong. At least to me.

.

4 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    I don't really think it's fair for J-Dog to accuse me so blatantly of "hogging" the wine when I clearly extended him an invitation to taste The Penguin with us. Apparently he has forgotten. That's right, he had more important things to do that evening. And, I wasn't yelling at him for drinking the Peachy, I was yelling at him for drinking th last of the Le Snoot. I hadn't blogged it yet and needed a little to taste while I was writing. So the only wine I actually hogged was The
    Penguin, but then, that wasn't me hogging, it was Bob as you will see if you read the review. So There! Nothing like a little sibling rivalry.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:04:00 PM, Blogger J-Dingo said…

    Oh, Kimmy's just crabby 'cos Luke Ford got under her skin!

     
  • At Friday, February 11, 2005 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    Credit for the hog photo goes to ca4a.org. Don't eat pigs. This one looks sad because he is going to be eaten.

     
  • At Saturday, February 12, 2005 12:19:00 AM, Blogger J-Dingo said…

    I think the pig looks like he wants to be eaten, just think of those juicy chops and a nice Savingion Blanc. Yummy.
    Prions? Who cares? Let's eat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares