Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Fat Bastard


Relax mom and dad, it's just the name of the wine. Is that a hippo? When I opened the bottle, my first thought was it smells like prunes. Not the dried up like raisins prunes, the canned ones they served when I was in grade school. I'm pretty sure I was the only kid who actually ate them. I'm having a glass on it's own with no food to support it's flavor. I think it may have to sit and breathe for a while. It's fruity and pleasant tasting at first, but the sourness overpowers and I get that squinty eye thing going. I'm going to let it sit for a spell and come back to try again. Ok, I went back, still sour and not very pleasant to drink so I'm hangin' it up. Fat Bastard. Merlot. $7.99. According to their website, they outsource their grapes, or should I say it gets outsourced to them. That's right, this French winery doesn't even grow their own! Remember, just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't.

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was just passing thru your blog and saw this article and I am compelled to comment. I have tasted the good ole' Fat Bastard once and was quite pleased, now, the bottle had been opened, for how long I don't know, but it had the very pleasing taste of French wine. To me it was clean, dry and yes a hint of fruitieness (is that a real word?) Anyway I did like the wine and would recommend it...

     
  • At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:32:00 PM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    Interesting, glad you enjoyed. Maybe it was a different year? Diffrent type? Maybe your Sour buds are less sensitive than mine. I can try it again. ;o)

     
  • At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    KimBob,
    Have you not enjoyed wine since 10/17???

    Wondering

     
  • At Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:47:00 AM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    First of all, let me thank you for your patience. Then to answer your question, of course we have, however, Kimbob has been really busy with the new school year with competitive soccer for one daughter and cheer for the other. By 9pm, Kimbob is exhausted and just wants to enjoy her wine and fall asleep. I know, nothing should come before wine blogging, but some things do. I will try and post a few next week to make up for it. In the meantime, try Three Monks, you won't be disappointed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares