Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Compliments Fowl Dishes?

It says that on the back of the bottle. How? Does it say, "Yo, baby, you have the most beautiful long neck I have ever seen?" A few weeks ago, Bob and had dinner at what was supposed to be a good restaurant in Bonnie Brae. It was the Saucy Noodle for those who want to know. The food there was foul, I hated it, seriously, it tasted like the garlic was fermented and the replacement they brought me was WAY TOO HOT to eat (in the spicy sense). The Chianti we were drinking didn't compliment it at all. In fact, it didn't have anything to say, much less good things. Since when does wine talk anyway? The Chianti was very good. We wrote down the name, but I don't know what we did with the napkin it was on. Bob probably blew his nose with it.
So, tonight I an drinking: BIG MOOSE RED, 2002 Red California Wine. $7.99 sale price, regular $8.99 Alcohol 13.9. It's really good. I was worried when I pulled out the cork screw and realized it had a screw-off cap. No cork. Fast entry. This is an instant gratification wine. Drink it NOW! So I am. I wouldn't want to go against the makers intentions. I'm sure they put in a lot of time, effort and labor. All that barefoot grape sqaushing. Who am I to defy their expectations? It is a blend of 75% Syrah, 15% Petite Syrah, and 10% Grenache. It has a very deep color, is full bodied, has great legs and tastes really, really good.
If Bob doesn't come home soon, I may drink the whole bottle myself. Hmm, I have to work tomorrow, I won't drink the whole thing. That would be a really bad idea.
Read what the
Houston Wine Merchant had to say. Scroll down a bit when you go to that page. Another good review at Beekman wines.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares