Kimbob's Wineblog

Wine advice from regular people. Most wines blogged are under $10 per bottle. Disclaimer: We are not professional wine tasters. Just because we liked it doesn't mean you will. :0)

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Family Wine

Yum, Yum, Yum! I like it! Can you tell? McManis Family Vineyard Merlot 2003 $9.99. I really like this. I don't thinkI'll serve it to the kids, even though it's a "Family" wine. Very flavorful, full body. Bob says it has nice "legs". Funny, he used to say that to me. Well, we have been married almost a whole year now. Bob said he doesn't really like this one much...but then again, he liked Columbia Crest Merlot 2001, which I thought Tasted like watered down grapes. Very bland. We don't always like the same things. McManis scored a 94 in a wine tasting competition. So I like it and so do the critics. Hmmm. Well, I' m always right, so...

Comments welcome...Someday, Bob will acually blog a wine. I promise.

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 18, 2005 7:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Friday, February 18, 2005 7:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey---any of you guys ever try boonesfarm? strawberry hill is my fave!

     
  • At Saturday, February 19, 2005 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Kim Masitti said…

    1979...Iwas about 12years old. One of J-Dogs "older" cool friends swipped some from his parents. I think he was 14 at the time. We snuck out of the house and went to Washington Park where we celebrated our slyness and ability to allude our parents. Yes, very tasty if you are a young pre-teen.
    After a few rendevouz like that, we moved up to Mad Dog 20/20. It was much more potent than Boons Farm Strawberry Hill.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares